Re: [News] Microsoft Spreads FUD in Digg.com, Using Its MVP's

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 19:20:52 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

> [...]
>    British Airways employee loses fight to wear cross
>    Back Pain in Students: The Relationship Between Back Pain and Back
> Packs
>    Green Tea Soda in eight flavors!!!
>    Flu vaccine helps cut heart attacks, deaths
>    A Great Idea From the Democrats. Seriously.
>    Hollywood legend Jack Palance dies at 87
>    Brit burns bum with firecracker - fire in the hole!
>
> That's going back to stories submitted over 50 days ago.  Like his
> submissions, most of these have nothing to do with Windows or Linux.
>
> Let's just look at his submissions in the Linux/Unix category:
>
>    Altiris Adds Linux Patch Management
>    Altiris adds Linux patch, virtual support to management software
>    Programmers pledge closer Mozilla and Linux ties
>    PodCast: French parliament dumps Windows for Linux
>    Make this an open source Christmas
>    And *another* 0-day Linux kernel vulnerability
>    Windows vs Linux (Red Hat) - Workstation - 1st Half 2006
>
> That spans 169 days.  Lets check the "Programming" category:
>
>    Powershell script to append a file
>    Restarting Services via WMI
>    The PowerShell Alias List
>    PowerShell script to get Computers Chassis Types
>    Creating A MMC Using A Vbs Script
>    Inside Windows PowerShell Cmdlet Aliases
>    Visual Studio SP1 is Released
>    Powershell Script to find and replace a file on a computer
>    Enumerate All Machine Names In Active Directory
>    Group Policy Settings for Windows Defender
>    Check to see if the Automatic Update Service is running
>    How to Configure Remote Assistance to not prompt for User Permission
>    Retrieve SQL Indexes For A Specified Table
>    PowerShell "Prompt Here" Power Toy Download
>    Script To Change A Machine's NumLock State
>
> Wow!  We've finally actually found submissions that have something to do
> with Windows.  No FUD, though.  Just submissions of useful information
> for Windows programmers, mostly relating to VB.
>
> Maybe the "technology" section will finally reveal these FUD submissions
> Roy claims to see.  Let's have a look:
>
>    The best way to succeed in the technology market.
>    Install MCE 2005 on XP Install
>    First Official Australian Ubuntu Team
>    Azureus For Windows 3.0 Beta
>    FileZilla Server 0.9.21
>    UPX For Windows 2.91 Beta
>    Deal hunter: Dragging a discount out of Dell
>    Vista beta haunts Microsoft helpdesk
>    Telstra opts out of own broadband transfer system
>    Wii Web browser Friday, weather channel today
>    Mac users crack the Office 2007 code
>    New Configuration Guide and translations
>    IBM chip technology delays speed of light
>    Sneak Peek at Black Friday Ads!
>    WSJ's Mossberg & NYT's Pogue unimpressed by Microsoft Zune
>
> Nope.  There are a few things there that make Microsoft look bad,
> though...the Zune one, and the Office 2007 one.
>
> So, I wonder what's next?  Now that we see Roy was wrong about the
> submissions, and then was wrong about the comments...will he tell us he
> really meant that the FUD is in the stories that this guy is digging?

Roy Schestowitz will squirm and lie just like he has been doing lately.
I think it's a tactic he learned from Mark Kent because that is the way
Mark Kent operates.

> Has Roy gone so far off the deep end that he thinks that anything that
> doesn't say something bad about Microsoft is therefore pro-Microsoft,
> even if it had nothing to do whatsoever with Microsoft?  Is Roy counting
> things like "Oil investigation targets Interior official" as
> pro-Microsoft FUD?

I seriously think that Roy Schestowitz is starting to flip out, really I
do.
He is becoming more and more paranoid and seems to be in some sort of
state of massive denial.

The last person we had in COLA that acted like this, finally left COLA
because he was convinced that Microsoft was after his family and that they
were in danger.

His name was mjcr and coincidentally he is the person who concocted the
Gary Stewart story as well as being the COLA FAQ maintainer/creator.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/bc64c6e578019d77
A real mental case he was and it looks as if Roy is heading in the same
direction.
It's obvious that Roy is obsessed with Linux and no matter what the medium
(COLA/Digg/Netscape) he can't deal with people posting more than he does,
people not supporting Linux 100 percent and in fact he goes off the deep
end should a person say ANYTHING negative about Linux.

Yes, I think Roy Schestowitz is freaking out.....

Hopefully he realizes this and gets help soon so he doesn't totally flip
out like mjcr or God help him, Doug Mentohl.