Re: Linux ready for prime-time ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Saturday 30 December 2006 14:34 \__

> "Nearly half of all enterprises will be running mission-critical
> business applications on Linux in five years' time"
>
> "Linux operating systems - and open source-based software in general -
> have reached critical marketplace mass,"
>
> http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=7681

How long before Microsoft replaces its army of lawyers with an army of
extortionists and the mafia? It is, after all, the Stalin of the 21st
century.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/03/19/microsoft_killed_dell_linux_states/

'I'm thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past with anti-Linux.
... they should do a delicate dance," Kempin wrote to Ballmer, in what is
sure to be a memorable addition to the phrases ("knife the baby", "cut off
the air supply") with which Microsoft enriched the English language in the
first trial. Unlike those two, this is not contested...'

Allchin: "We need to slaughter Novell before they get stronger....If you're
going to kill someone, there isn't much reason to get all worked up about it
and angry. You just pull the trigger. Any discussions beforehand are a waste
of time. We need to smile at Novell while we pull the trigger."

"According to the Declaration, Richard Emerson was not the only Microsoft
employee Goldfarb was dealing with in connection with the BayStar investment
in SCO. He mentions by name two others, from two other departments."