Re: [News] A Linux Success Story: Akamai

__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Friday 29 December 2006 12:12 \__

http://www.fool.com/investing/high-growth/2006/12/28/previewing-2007-akamai.aspx?source=eptyholnk303100&logvisit=y&npu=y
>> http://tinyurl.com/yex6ye
>>
>> Even Microsoft does a lot of business with this Linux company. I hope it
>> doesn't, as Ballmer and Gates would put it, get cancer or becomes
>> communist.
>
> It's funny that the company was not very strong or viable at the time,
> yet MS chose to hide their operations behind these guys. They chose
> Akamai even though it was in their financial and other interests to
> choose someone running Windows, or even to do it themselves.
>
> According to MS-Erik, MS chose them because of what they do, not
> because of what they run. But I find it interesting that MS would do
> business with someone who wasn't certain to even have a future at the
> time, who also "happen(ed) to run linux".

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;754084996;fp;2;fpid;1

<snip>

The next time Bill Gates sends an e-mail through Microsoft's shiny new
Wireless LAN it will be passed through a behind-the-scenes Linux-based
network appliance.

Pandey's (senior director of Microsoft IT) appraisal of Aruba's technology is
in stark contrast to Microsoft's "Get the Facts" rhetoric which places
Windows as a more secure, and higher-performing choice over Linux."

</snip>

http://archive.salon.com/tech/log/2001/02/15/unamerican/index.html

"Microsoft says open-source software is un-American. Has the company
completely lost its mind?"

Treason at Microsoft Corp.?

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Coffee makes mw to0 jittery
roy      pts/4                         Thu Dec 28 15:01 - 15:02  (00:01)