Re: Its probably now or never.

  • Subject: Re: Its probably now or never.
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 23:06:48 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Handover Phist ] on Thursday 28 December 2006 22:20 \__

> On 2006-12-28, mlw <mlw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I think that there will *never* be a better time to push Linux to the
>> general public.
>>
>> [k]ubuntu Linux is a new darling on the market that people are noticing.
>> [It
>> is a very good distribution.
>>
>> THE Wine project is coming along better, some more works needs to be done
>> to run quickbooks and turbotax, but those aren't irreplaceable.
>>
>> OpenOffice 2.x, Firefox, and thunderbird are very good.
>>
>> Will someone PLEASE reorganize, rename, and change the UI on Gimp to make
>> it more usable. At least allow user's to create "themes."
>
> I agree wholeheartedly, except for the gimp thing. I like gimps
> interface, and find it to be one of the easier to use apps available on
> my desktop box.

Same here. Also, I disagree with the "never" in the subject line. There's no
hard deadline. The cost (not just monetary) of Microsoft's offerings are
enough to ensure gradual adoption such as that which you find in the
Netherlands, Kerala, Germany, France...

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    United States: #1 in spam export
 11:05pm  up 71 days  9:19,  6 users,  load average: 0.69, 0.74, 0.74