Re: IE7 already overtook FireFox...

  • Subject: Re: IE7 already overtook FireFox...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:35:21 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Phil Da Lick! ] on Thursday 28 December 2006 14:24 \__

> OK wrote:
>> http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2006/December/browser.php
>>
>> Not really a surprise...
>
> What's really surprising about that is that even with virtually enforced
> download of IE7 that it still hasn't overtaken IE6.

Just add scare quotes to "surprising".

IE 7 Cautionary Tale

,----[ Quote ]
| After updating to the new browser, none of the computers
| could access QuickBooks, the CRM system or e-mail. The IT
| manager had to remotely administrator each machine, from
| the U.S. He turned back to a restore point a day earlier,
| undoing the chaos caused by IE 7.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/web_services_browser/ie_7_cautionary_tale.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/ycjw4k

Are you being served?

,----[ Quote ]
| Like many Microsoft desktop users this week I clicked on the icon
| 'upgrade to Explorer 7'. Mistake. Outlook and Express disappeared.
| As did the Explorer multi-choice menu. Panic. Has it deleted all
| my emails?
`----

http://www.it-director.com/business/content.php?cid=9069&ref=fd_itd

Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 7.0 Sucks!

,----[ Quote ]
| I know Microsoft's release of IE 7.0 is in beta, but I still didn't
| expect it to be such a big piece of crap and cause hours of misery.
|
| [...]
|
| What Microsoft hoped would help it win back Firefox "switchers" has
| done nothing but add one more to their growing ranks.
`----

http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2006/02/microsoft-ie-70-sucks.html

Meanwhile, Microsoft does its best to 'Netscape' Firefox.

Vista Issues Bedevil Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.techweb.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleId=196701481

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz | Windows is 'intuitive': go to 'Start' to finish session