Re: [News] Linux-based Portable Media Player Reviewed

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 at 12:10 GMT, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> Review: Archos Media Player Delivers
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| If Apple's iPod is the nicely tuned Porsche of portable media players and
>| Microsoft's Zune is the Jetta, then a new Wi-Fi-enabled unit from Archos is
>| the Hummer, a brutish performer with all the tools to navigate the rugged
>| terrain of technology needs on the go.
> `----

Zune == Jetta? I'd think it's more like Zune == Yugo

> I found the following amusing:
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Speaking of music, Archos still takes a back seat to Microsoft's Zune
>| when it comes to music sharing. Two Archos Wi-Fi users can't quickly
>| share their favorite tunes with each other, but the jury is still
>| out on the usefulness of Zune's limited sharing capability anyway.
> `----
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061227/tech_test_archos_media_player.html?.v=2

I'd rather have no sharing on a player that works well than sharing on
one that is restrictive, hard to set up and use and has, at best, no
future.

--
Windows hasn't increased computer literacy. It just lowered
the standard.