Re: Despite Marketing Onslaugt, Microsoft Only Sells Half the XBoxes It Promised to Sell

  • Subject: Re: Despite Marketing Onslaugt, Microsoft Only Sells Half the XBoxes It Promised to Sell
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 27 Dec 2006 13:51:49 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Predictions, predcitions... but whose predictions? And why were these falsely
> reported as news in mainstream media?
>
> Xbox sales cross 9 Million Mark
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | According to a piece in Nintendojo, the Xbox 360 has made it to the
> | 9 million mark, while Wii is enjoying nearly 2 million in sales
> | during its short history. Sony trails way behind with an estimated
> | 800,000 consoles sold, which is very likely a generous estimation.
> `----
>
> http://www.mygamingden.com/2006/12/27/Xbox-sales-cross-9-Million-Mark.html

As usual, your headline has nothing at all to do with the story. I
don't know or particularly care what the sales projections for the
Xbox360 were but the story makes no mention of what "Microsoft promised
to sell" and certainly makes no mention that only half were sold.

BTW... corporations don't "promise to sell" anything. They estimate
sales targets and strive to reach them. Legal issues with investors are
funny that way... that's why they don't "promise" anything.