Re: 10 Reasons to Switch to Linux

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 22:04:34 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> So stealing other people's work is only OK when it is artwork, rather
>> than words?
>
> I kept quiet at the time, but evidently there were several links to
> acknowledge the artist, the image did not have a copyright notice back in
> 2004 (unless I missed it) and the artist didn't contact me for many
> days/weeks, until Funky was breathing down his neck vigorously and
> endlessly, so a polite request was made. How much Funky nagged the guy I may
> never find out. But he definitely has too much spare time between the
> box-booting sequence at College. He'd better use his time more wisely
> because my images are stolen/HotLinked on a daily basis and I don't bother
> to take action.

Bull.  You were notified of your infringement multiple times.  The author
contacted you MULTIPLE times.  He finally had to threaten you with a
lawsuit before you took it down, WEEKS after you were first notified.

I didn't "hound" the author, I merely asked him if he had given you
permission to use the image.  He came back and thanked me and said he had
not and that you were infringing his copyright.  I responded back and
pointed him to the thread about the issue.

Total, 2 messages, both polite.  The author then spent weeks trying to get
you to remove it.

So stop lying now, and stop pretending YOU are the injured party.  You
violated copyright law, and then you tried to cover it up and then ignore
it, and then finally sneaked off and tried to blame me when you were
finally cornered.

And you're one to talk about "using time more wisely"...