Re: Vista Piracy Resurrected, Build-in CTRL+ALT+DEL

__/ [ Linonut ] on Tuesday 26 December 2006 17:50 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Rex Ballard belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> The second concern is around Vista security.  If Microsoft can't even
>> protect it's own crown jewel from hackers, how can I possibly trust
>> them to protect my financial records, passwords, access codes, and
>> other personal and company confidential information?
>>
>> The big promise of Vista was that they were going to fix security.
>> Looks like their big "fix" was merely to disable installation of
>> competitor software, while letting the malware in through the ever
>> popular back doors (ActiveX, embedded Com and Com+ objects, and
>> macroviruses).
>
> I sent myself a reminder from home to work today.  It hasn't arrived,
> although corporate email has.  I was wondering why.
>
> Here's why:
>
>    http://www.fcw.com/article97178-12-22-06-Web
>
>    DOD bars use of HTML e-mail, Outlook Web Access
>
>    BY Bob Brewin
>    Published on Dec. 22, 2006
>
>    Due to an increased network threat condition, the Defense Department
>    is blocking all HTML-based e-mail messages and has banned the use of
>    Outlook Web Access e-mail applications, according to a spokesman for
>    the Joint Task Force for Global Network Operations.
>
>    . . .
>
>    In an e-mail to Federal Computer Week, a Navy user said that any HTML
>    messages sent to his account are automatically converted to plain
>    text.
>
> Hell, my email /was/ plain text, and I still can't receive it.
>
> See the sig.

Filtering gets hard. 9 in 10 messages is SPAM. 86 billion SPAM per day (and
still rising).

(Cringely on Earthlink E-mail)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2006/pulpit_20061201_001274.html

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999