Re: [News] Microsoft Acknowledges XBox Bricking

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 10:15:36 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ...Could open the door to class action lawsuits?
>
> Xbox Gets a Longer Warranty
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | This autumn, Microsoft acknowledged that a glitch in the Xbox's online
> | update system damaged a small number of customers' consoles before the
> | problem was quickly fixed. At least one customer has sued over the
> | incident.
> `----
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061224/microsoft_xbox.html?.v=1

I can't comment on the update system, but I can say that from my
experience with 2 or 3 of them at various times, they are pieces of junk.
The DVD drive is prone to screwing up, same for the hard drive and system
board. Lockups are common as well as boot failures.

You literally have to keep a couple around as donor units to scavenge
parts from in order to keep one of them running.
I have an original Nintendo, original Atari game console and an old
Playstation and all still work fine.