Re: [News] Microsoft Acknowledges XBox Bricking

On 2006-12-25, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> ...Could open the door to class action lawsuits?
>
> Xbox Gets a Longer Warranty
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| This autumn, Microsoft acknowledged that a glitch in the Xbox's online
>| update system damaged a small number of customers' consoles before the
>| problem was quickly fixed. At least one customer has sued over the
>| incident.
> `----
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061224/microsoft_xbox.html?.v=1

A "small number"? Knowing how they like to severely minimize bad news
about their products, that statement could mean most machines.

I have no idea what the real numbers are. But I'm not going to buy the
"small number" propaganda coming from the Department of Misinformation
at One MICROS~1 Way.

--
Microsoft may not be the root of all evil, but it's not for lack of
trying.