[News] Viral Marketing for Microsoft Servers?

Stop Digital Amnesia: 'Quattro' Home Server viral campaign?

,----[ Quote ]
| Another day, another Microsoft viral campaign. This time, The fake
| Center for Digital Amnesia Awareness has launched an online campaign called
| "Stop Digital Amnesia" (via Furrygoat) - a medical-like project
| discussing the problems and solution for a made-up disorder called
| "digital amnesia".
`----

http://www.istartedsomething.com.nyud.net:8080/20061225/stop-digital-amnesia/

Related:

FTC Moves to Unmask Word-of-Mouth Marketing

,----[ Quote ]
| The Federal Trade Commission yesterday said that companies engaging
| in word-of-mouth marketing, in which people are compensated to
| promote products to their peers, must disclose those relationships.
|
| [...]
|
| Word-of-mouth marketing can take any form of peer-to-peer communication,
| such as a post on a Web blog, a MySpace.com page for a movie character,
| or the comments of a stranger on a bus.
|
| As the practice has taken hold over the past several years, however,
| some advocacy groups have questioned whether marketers are using such
| tactics to dupe consumers into believing they are getting unbiased
| information.
`----

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/11/AR2006121101389.html?nav=hcmodule

Corporate Propaganda Still On the News: Study Finds Local Stations
Overwhelmingly Fail to Disclose VNRs

,----[ Quote ]
| A new study by the Center for Media and Democracy says Americans are
| still being shown corporate public relations videos disguised as news
| reports on newscasts across the country.

Has Demetri Martin Jumped the Shark by Getting Into Bed with Microsoft?
Clarification on "Clearification" Marketing Campaign

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.themodernage.org/2006/11/12/demetri-martin-bring-clearification-to-the-web/

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

FTC Moves to Unmask Word-of-Mouth Marketing

,----[ Quote ]
| The Federal Trade Commission yesterday said that companies engaging
| in word-of-mouth marketing, in which people are compensated to
| promote products to their peers, must disclose those relationships.
|
| [...]
|
| Word-of-mouth marketing can take any form of peer-to-peer communication,
| such as a post on a Web blog, a MySpace.com page for a movie character,
| or the comments of a stranger on a bus.
|
| As the practice has taken hold over the past several years, however,
| some advocacy groups have questioned whether marketers are using such
| tactics to dupe consumers into believing they are getting unbiased
| information.
`----

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/11/AR2006121101389.html?nav=hcmodule

Bloggers must disclose sponsored posts