Re: [News] Miguel de Icaza: Microsoft Shooting itself in the foot. One toe at a time.

begin  risky.vbs
	<2742814.YM6CHqSD1r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
	Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> __/ [ Roy Culley ] on Sunday 24 December 2006 13:42 \__
>> begin  risky.vbs
>> <20061224125508.67e52b4f@ed-desktop>,
>> ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>>> http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.txt
>>
>>     Executive Executive Summary
>>     ---------------------------
>>
>>     The Vista Content Protection specification could very well
>>     constitute the longest suicide note in history.
>
> To the Internet, Windows is also the longest homocide note in
> history.  Prepare for 2007. It'll be scary. A rough ride no
> doubt... to all of us, regardless of whether we use Microsoft
> products or not.
>
> Internet criminals to step up "cyberwar" in 2007
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| People could find their computers infected with viruses that
>| secretly record all their keystrokes or send out millions of spam
>| email messages.
> `----
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061211/wr_nm/britain_cybercrime_dc

In my opinion 2007 will be the year MS's illegally maintained monopoly
will seriously decline. The absurd spam situation is being recognised
more and more as due to the inherent insecurity of MS SW. Vista will
be a flop compared to previous Windows releases. It has nothing of
note to offer so business uptake will be low while Linux uptake will
continue to increase. As the Linux success stories get press others
will see that there is a viable alternative to the MS lock in.

--
I've asked time and time again for people to prove that I primarily spout
FUD. - Funkenbusch (COLA's comedian), Sat, 2 Dec 2006