Re: [News] American Lawyers Bring 'Intellectual' 'Property' Laws to China

begin  oe_protect.scr
> More lobbying? According to the source where I found this, the law was
> written by an American lawyer.
>
> Intellectual Property Protection in China
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| A relatively lawless IP environment is advantageous to China's
>| short-term interests, just as a strictly enforced IP environment
>| suits the interests of net IP exporters such as the United States.
>| This issue has been constant irritant in relations between China and
>| Western nations, as well as Japan. Nevertheless, China's enforcement
>| of intellectual property has steadily improved in recent years.
> `----
>
> http://lunaticwisdom.com/blog1/2006/12/22/intellectual-property-protection-in-china/

So long as it continues to improve, not fall on its knees like the US
system and its software patents.

If you're going to do something tonight that you'll be sorry for tomorrow
morning, sleep late.
		-- Henny Youngman