Re: [News] Web Browsing (and Linux) Coming to the Sofa

Quantum Leaper wrote:

> The Cell is comparable to that of a typical Athlon 64 3200+.
> http://dpad.gotfrag.com/portal/story/35372/?spage=3
>
> I doubt you will answer,  since advocates seem to want cut and run
> when faced with the true about the slowness of the PS3.   You know, the
> last in-order CPU,  I used on a computer was my C128,  I think, it been so
> long....

"In a forum such as this, weaknesses of Linux ought not to be shown..."

"Both consoles are labeled as 3.2GHZ, but they don't offer performance
comparable to that of a typical Athlon 64 3200+ or better than even an
Athlon XP 2800+ CPU."

Not as powerful as a 2800+, which, to be fair, isn't a bad processor.