Re: [News] Novell's Linux Coupons Have No Impact on Microsoft

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 19:22:02 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ William Poaster ] on Friday 22 December 2006 19:03 \__
>
>> On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 18:22:32 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> __/ [ John Bailo ] on Friday 22 December 2006 17:08 \__

>>> Sorry about that. Your remark is noted and I'll try hard to stop this
>>> trend... it's a polar situation...
>>
>> Meh, don't bother about Bailo. AFAIC Novell's nothing more than a M$
>> mouthpiece now.
>
> Clearly. But John prefers not to know about it. I think he's got an
> investment, so his pocket says one thing while the mind contradicts. It's
> the same two-faced approach that leads proprietary software vendors to
> spreading anti-Linux FUD, despite the fact they don't believe it. They'll
> cling on to anything, even if it's the bashing that their peers spew out.
> Just look at all the lobbying...
>
> Published 5 minutes ago...
>
> http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2006/12/22/open-british-education/
>
> Received the following this morning...
>
> http://www.computeractive.co.uk/computeractive/news/2171542/education-driving-force-behind
>
> "Malcolm Trobe, head teacher and president of the ASCL, claimed that while
> they recognised the budget implications shared by Mcguire and Pugh, common
> specifications and interoperability found in proprietary software would do
> more to benefit school children.

Rubbish. Unless these benefits being taught are how to avoid
viruses/trojans & malware.....you know, the everyday "features" of a
certain proprietary OS.

> ?Nearly every household has a PC with Microsoft Office installed and many
> students have grown up using it," he claimed. "For those who have not got
> the software at home, schools can either provide students with a licence
> and unique password or students can buy the software at special student
> prices.?

IMO they're also relying on the ignorance of these households not to have
tried opensource software, such as OOo.

> BECTA, BSA and the rest of the gang are protecting their job$ as well as
> their allie$. It's a fight that needs perseverance. Democracy and freedom
> can't possibly lose, but they don't suit everyone's interest. Totality
> serves best those who are at the top of the stairs. They have money and
> power that's hard to defeat, no matte how few they are. By controlling
> information they an braishwash and recruit other minds too and that's
> precisely what's happening here...

Yes.

--
On the 12th day of Christmas, M$ gave to me....
12 patches patching,