Re: The Linux Guy, The PC Guy, and The Mac Guy

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> "Hi, I'm a Mac. I am way cool."
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | I'm GNU Linux," the voice replies.
> | PC looks relieved. "Finally, I know how to pronounce Linux. It rhymes
> | with cynics. But what's the GNU stand for?"
> |
> | "Gnu's Not Unix," Linux replies. "Unix is proprietary, and I'm not
> | into that. But I do enjoy recursive acronyms."
> |
> | Mac speaks up. "I bet you're hiding because you don't want us to
> | see you, homely geek that you are. You're scared we'll make fun
> | of your pocket protector and your bizarre command-line stuff like
> | 'cat' and 'ls."'
> |
> | Linux laughs, but it sounds menacing. "Hey Mac, at your heart,
> | you're running BSD, which is a Unix-like operating system, just
> | like me. But to most people, it's as invisible as I am."
> |
> | PC keeps looking around for the source of the voice. "You're
> | just a tiny little cult, aren't you?"
> |
> | Linux responds. "PC, that little wireless router you use to
> | connect to the Internet runs a variety of Linux. When you
> | search with Google, you're dealing with a Linux cluster. Most
> | web servers run Linux. I'm in a lot of places. If I shut down,
> | both of you guys would be in a world of hurt."
> |
> | "But you're not going to shut down, are you?" Mac asks
> | plaintively.
> |
> | "Not if you do what I ask," Linux says.

Roy, you snipped the punch line:

"And what's that?" Mac inquires.

"Quit making fun of people that use programming books. Somebody's got
to design and build you guys, and keep you running, and produce new
software. And for all that, the best you can do in return is mockery?"