Re: UK price for Fista leaked!

  • Subject: Re: UK price for Fista leaked!
  • From: William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 15:07:27 +0000
  • Code: U++++ L+++
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:16:44 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ William Poaster ] on Friday 22 December 2006 01:00 \__
>
>> Seems like M$ is intent on ripping off it's UK customers, who will pay
>> more than their US counterparts. Oh, what a surprise.
>> http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=7925
>>
>> The poor, ignorant jerks will still buy it though. Methinks M$ adopted
>> W.C.Fields quote "Never give a sucker an even break" as their motto.
>
> Monopolies elevate prices. Companies love lockin; customers hate them.
>
> Leaked price information about Windows Vista: 'only' 723 dollar...
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Today Microsoft leaked information about the upcoming Vista release in
> | Europe. Windows Vista Ultimate Edition will be sold for 'only' $ 723
> `----
>
> http://digg.com/tech_news/Leaked_price_information_about_Windows_Vista_only_723_dollar

You have to wonder if this a way of recouping some of the expense caused
by the EU Anti Trust ruling. IMO the EU (or at the very least UK Dept of
Trade) should delve into this, & if it's found that this *is* what M$ is
doing, they should be severely delt with.

--
On the 12th day of Christmas, M$ gave to me....
12 patches patching,