Re: [News] Novell CEO Defends Patents Clause

begin  oe_protect.scr
> Novell CEO on the Microsoft deal
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| CNME: Do you think the patent cooperation part of the agreement
>| with Microsoft is in the best interest of Novell's customers?
>|
>| Hovsepian: Absolutely. It's good for the customers because they
>| don't have to worry about those things. I'm disappointed that
>| we haven't communicated our intent as clearly [as we should
>| have] to the [Linux] community. The messaging got bogged down.
> `----
>
> http://www.cpilive.net/v3/inside.aspx?scr=n&NID=1053&cat=INTERVIEWS&pub=COMPUTER%20NEWS%20MIDDLE%20EAST&k=Microsoft,%20Novell
>
> Thanks for clearing that up, Mr. Hovsepian. Admission that Linux users need
> coverage for 'intellectual' 'property'...

Ah, So Mr Hovsepian believes that there's some truth in the Microsoft
allegations, then?  I wonder where he thinks that there is truth, and
whether that has anything to do with the large bonus he's just received
for bringing in US$340M from Microsoft?

Old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard
To fetch her poor daughter a dress.
When she got there, the cupboard was bare
And so was her daughter, I guess...