Re: [News] Key Novell Employee Leaves in Anger Over the Deal

  • Subject: Re: [News] Key Novell Employee Leaves in Anger Over the Deal
  • From: John Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:45:59 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:48:48 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Jeremy Allison Has Resigned from Novell to Protest MS Patent Deal

,----[ Quote ]
| The legendary Jeremy Allison (of Samba fame) has resigned from
| Novell in protest over the Microsoft-Novell patent agreement,
| which he calls "a mistake" which will be "damaging to Novell's
| success in the future."

I don't know if I'd call him a "key Novell employee".  Certainly Samba is a
high profile project, but I don't see how employing Allison was "key" to
Novell's success.  Miguel, on the other hand would be a key employee
because so much of Novell's own code is written for Mono these days.

Anybody related to "Samba" has been bad mouthing the deal from day 1.

--
The Texeme Construct
http://you-read-it-here-first.com