Re: [News] Project Looking Glass Released (Version 1.0)

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 21 Dec 2006 13:59:15 +0000
<2012668.v8D5SXYaCJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> __/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Thursday 21 December 2006 06:32 \__
>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote
>> on Thu, 21 Dec 2006 05:17:05 +0000
>> <1306258.vOgZqDFDYa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Project Looking Glass Binary Builds
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>
>>> https://lg3d-core.dev.java.net/binary-builds.html
>>>

>>> Video demo:
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMWd1FOgr18
>>
>> "unfettered".  It's already fettered -- Java.
>> Granted, it has some intriguing notions.
>>
>> But until Java is open source (and the noises Sun is making
>> are good ones but it's not quite there yet), color me skeptical.
>
> Hold on, I'll grab a brush.

*looks around for chickens and asphalt*

Phew.  I'm safe.

> Now, more seriously, I can see your point. Mr. Schwarz posted an item in his
> blog last night. They use Google Earth's/Map's API's to visualise Sun
> servers that phone home, all shown upon the globe. A nice toy, no doubt, but
> I don't know the implications for privacy. I sure know that Win32/OSX/*buntu
> binaries could do all sorts of funky things. Sun is watching Earth. Hey, I
> got a pun! *smile*

Ow.  Watch it, that pun might be loaded. :-P

Good point, that...and I do wonder about the privacy implications of all
this.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Warning: This encrypted signature is a dangerous
munition.  Please notify the US government
immediately upon reception.
0000 0000 0000 0000 0001 0000 0000 0000 ...