Re: Have I upset Mr Google?

  • Subject: Re: Have I upset Mr Google?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 22:15:44 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.misc
__/ [Chris Whelan] on Tuesday 31 January 2006 12:34 \__

> citizen142 wrote:
>
>> Keep getting the following message-
>>
>> We're sorry...
>> ... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer
>> virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process
>> your request right now.
>>
>> We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon.
>> In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been
>> infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to
>> make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious
>> software.
>>
>> Just me? Or is this a recent bug?

It's becoming more common because of greedy and/or automated tools, which
possibly reside on a different computer in your 'neighbourhood' (e.g. ISP).
Such bans are lifted after a short while.

> Not just you, I've had it three times in the last six months or so. I
> usually get a dialogue asking me to type in some hard-to-see characters as
> well.
>
> It only happens during the course of one day (to me at least), then it's
> OK.
>
> HTH
>
> Chris

Yes, I agree. If this recurs, I suggest you contact Google. Though shall not
speak to Goooooooood", they say, but they can <
http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/11/23/google-listens/ > listen
sometimes. Sometimes.