Re: Windows Users and Their Reason for Anxiety

__/ [B'ichela] on Wednesday 01 February 2006 15:03 \__

> On 2006-02-01, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Linux users not so scared. Are you?

>><quote>
>>  PC users have been urged to scan their computers before 3 February
>>  to avoid falling victim to a destructive virus.
>>
>>  On that date the Nyxem virus is set to delete Word, Powerpoint,
>>  Excel and Acrobat files on infected machines.
>></quote>
>>
>> Judging by the last paragraph, that virus might be a blessing. Makes
>> proprietary vanish...
> Too bad it doesn't trash Internet Exploiter too. then perhaps
> all of those spam nests would finally stop spamming everyone
> including me. Hmm gives me an idea };) (evil santanic grin) write a
> worm that  totally clears out windows, clears the partion table and
> installs a linux bootstrap ;) (I only joking! NSA/CIA/FBI!)

Ubuntu  does that by default. It completes the process in about 10 minutes
on a modern workstation. That's like putting the kettle on.

Regarding  spam, I couldn't agree more. All spam that comes my way is pro-
duced  by Microsoft OLE, which most probably originated from machines that
had  been  hijacked.  The  user will say the connection is  slow  or  that
his/her  machine  is unresponsive, totally unaware of the havoc is  wreaks
all over cyberspace as long as it's plugged to the wall.