Re: T3 Screw Loose

  • Subject: Re: T3 Screw Loose
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:54:11 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.palm
__/ [Hubert Beekman] on Tuesday 31 January 2006 08:14 \__

> "bpetok" <bpetok@xxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
>> The screw that holds the hot sync port on the bottom of my T3 has come
>> loose making it impossible to seat the device in any hot sync cradle.
>> I can't seem to get the screw to engage in the threads. Has anyone
>> experience this and know a solution?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Bill
>
> Hi Bill,
>
> I have had the same problem. I contacted PALM via their Website. They have
> sent me the screws for free.
> Good look!
> Hubert

I heard about this problem before as it appears to have mushroomed into a
true notorious flaw. I am not sure if it affects all Tungsten models (mine
is a T and is still fine), but I heard this in the context of the T3. Palm
are aware of the problem, so as Hubert pointed out, be sure to take
advantage of their good will.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Proprietary cripples communication
  3:50pm  up 15 days 11:06,  11 users,  load average: 0.85, 0.24, 0.09