Re: Repeatable bug in Kate under Suse 10.0 & reported

  • Subject: Re: Repeatable bug in Kate under Suse 10.0 & reported
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 12:17:55 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [William Poaster] on Tuesday 31 January 2006 23:10 \__

> On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:59:27 -0600, Linønutlinønut wrote:
>
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, GreyCloud belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>>
>>> Strange thing while using Kate, that by typing C code, at the end of a
>>> long line that has || at the end and then pressing return, locks up Kate
>>> .

I  noticed a few bugs with Kate myself. They are not as bad as the bugs in
KEdit,  but modification of line wrapping boundaries can have chaotic  ef-
fects, which even 'undo' cannot compensate for. Also, When opening code in
KWrite,  markup  type and colour highlighting are automatically  resolved,
defined, and set. In Kate, one needs to change back to no highlighting and
then  make  a  manual selection of the P/L. It's a  slight  inconvenience,
which  is by no means critical as the first point. Then again, I still use
KDE 3.1 for programming. These issue may have been resolved already.

>> Who is Kate, and why are you using her, and why did you lock her up?
>>
>> <grin>

Kate is Christoph Cullmann as far as I know.

http://people.kde.nl/christoph.html

This turned up in People Behind KDE a few months ago.

> Kinky!

V.I.S.T.A
Viruses
Intruders
Spyware
Trojans
Adware

^^^^^^
 Nice

Here's mine:

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |  Microsof(fshore)t Window(ntime)s Vista(gnating)
 12:10pm  up 15 days  7:26,  11 users,  load average: 0.73, 0.50, 0.57