Re: Need help making a distro to take down Windows!

  • Subject: Re: Need help making a distro to take down Windows!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 11:15:21 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [mlw] on Wednesday 01 February 2006 02:31 \__

> Peter at Work wrote:
>
>> I would like to make my own distro, that has the best of Ubuntu and the
>> best of Linspire.
>>
>> Who would like to help me? Please e-mail me at
>> peterDOTbrowneATtechx2DOTca with Linbuntu at the beginning of the
>> subject line.
>
> My billing rate is $150/hr unless I can get a percent of the backend, then
> we negotiate.

Edubuntu, Kubuntu, Ubuntu, Goobuntu (fake) and now Linbuntu? What makes you
think you could ever compete with large development teams, backed by a
multi-millionaire and supported by large public forums? Try to follow the
footsteps of Nokia and create a Debian-derivative that does something
unique? Linspire and cheap and rather poor, so it cannot offer much which
complements Ubuntu in my humble opinion.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> sudo root; cd /; rm -rf *.doc
 11:15am  up 15 days  6:31,  11 users,  load average: 0.24, 0.39, 0.54