Re: How to disable F10 key?

  • Subject: Re: How to disable F10 key?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 12:56:50 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
__/ [Remi Villatel] on Thursday 02 February 2006 01:14 \__

> Fred wrote:
>
>> In KDE 3.5, if I'm in an application and press the
>> F10 key, the "File" menu is activated.  How can I
>> stop this behavior?  I went into the control panel
>> under the key mapping section, and did not see
>> F10 listed under "Global Shortcuts", "Shortcut
>> Sequences", or "Application Shortcuts".
>
> Check in the configuration of the application that "misbehaves".

Judging by the original post, this seems to affect more than a single
application. Are you running any other shortcut hooks like xbindkeys, either
knowingly or unknowingly? Try looking at your system's logs when you press
F10. Isolate the keypress to set aside log 'noise' if necessary.

> F10
> doesn't do much here in my KDE 3.5, except in Konqueror where it's a
> well known shortcut for "Create new folder".

I never knew that. *smile* Useful shortcut which avoids context menus.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Avoid missing ball for higher score"
 12:50pm  up 16 days  8:06,  12 users,  load average: 0.51, 0.53, 0.51