Re: Are URL Submission Businesses a Gimmick?

__/ [needin4mation@xxxxxxxxx] on Sunday 05 February 2006 04:01 \__

> Or should I sign up with one?  Does it actually help or is advertising
> the only way to help myself?  Any suggestions?  Thank you for any
> guidance.

Such businesses have no power to affect search engines. "Gimmick" is exactly
what they are. There are Web directories, however, which charge you for
inclusion, so they essentially sell links/screen space. These don't fall
under the "submission" heading though.

Be sure to quote when/if replying <
http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/ >.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  6:25am  up 19 days  1:41,  13 users,  load average: 0.29, 0.41, 0.44