Re: Google Ranking

__/ [RG] on Tuesday 07 February 2006 15:49 \__

> Thanks again
> "Paul B" <lamewolf2004@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 08:50:51 -0500, "RG" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>When I do a search on google based on a keyword which is relatively
>>>general,
>>>a reference to my my page comes up on a first page.  Yet, the page ranking
>>>is 0.  Why?
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance
>>>

>> Hi two reasons.
>> One, PR (on the toolbar) does not mean better SERP's. A PR2 can out
>> rank an PR4 for example.
>> Two, the page may have been added after the last PR update and will
>> show PR0 until the toolbar is updated. If the page is cached, then it
>> will have PR, but won't be shown until then.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> How often google updates page ranks?

About 4 times a year? Is that right? It is rather sporadic, but here is a
table of updates' recent history:

http://www.seocompany.ca/pagerank/page-rank-update-list.html

Look for occurrences of "TBPR".

Also worth asking: what is the search string in question? It might not be as
competitive as one would imagine.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - replies go at the bottom in newsgroups.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "These characters were randomly picked"
  4:40pm  up 21 days 11:56,  11 users,  load average: 0.58, 0.42, 0.18