Re: Amarok - No Sound

__/ [Chris Gordon-Smith] on Sunday 12 February 2006 00:33 \__

> I've recently installed Open SUSE 10.0. Everything is fine, except that I
> cannot get Amarok to work properly.
>
> It can play a *.wav file, but if I connect to some of the pre-configured
> radio streams (eg Virgin Radio), it connects and displays station
> information and information about the track being played, but there is no
> sound.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Chris Gordon-Smith
> London
> www.simsoup.info

It's a common question. Have you tried changing the sound engine yet? There
should be at least two or three of them under Options/Preferences. Look
under "Engine". Does sound work in other applications in KDE?

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Ping this IP, see if it collapses" --Windows TCP
  7:50am  up 26 days  3:06,  31 users,  load average: 0.61, 0.62, 0.71