Re: From Microsoft back to Linux

__/ [George Ellison] on Tuesday 14 February 2006 03:42 \__

> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Gentoo founder resigns Microsoft.
>>
>> http://digg.com/linux_unix/Gentoo_founder_resigns_Microsoft.
>>
>> Can you hear that chair flying?
>
> Story looks to be about a month old. Wonder if the Gentoo community is
> going to welcome him back with open fists?

They'll be sympathetic, I imagine. I mean, c'mon, this guy has just been hit
by a chair...

I think his choice, knowing he would /not/ be welcome with open /arms/, comes
to show his view on the prospects of Microsoft. He saw everything from the
/inside/. HP's top exec left to join Penguin Computing as well, which
probably means something.