Re: Vista Welcome Screen to Contain Ads

On 2006-02-14, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> "Microsoft's new OS Vista "Welcome Center" screen, seen by all PC users when
> they start their computers,

That's a lie. I don't see it. Or anything like it.

> will display ads.

What, 85+% margins isn't enough? Getting paid to populate machines with
demos, ads, A-Hole-L and other crap isn't sufficient enough income-
generating trickery?

> Because that practice has caused complaints, the company is facing
> trouble from the U.S. Department of Justice as well as states
> attorneys general who are considering legal action. A report was
> filed last Wednesday with the judge handling Microsoft's antitrust
> compliance."

Round 3. DING-DING-DING-DING

Hope they go for the knockout this time.

--
"Ironically, Microsoft's efforts to deny interoperability of Windows
with legitimate non-Microsoft applications have created an environment