Re: Linux "on the cusp of a significant adoption wave"

__/ [Linønut] on Friday 17 February 2006 12:49 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:
>
>> __/ [Liam Slider] on Friday 17 February 2006 01:46 \__

>>> If the things I'm seeing are any indication, the primary motivators
>>> are....Microsoft Windows viruses, Microsoft Windows spyware, and
>>> Microsoft Windows Vista.
>>
>> Windows as a repellent is not the only factor though. In fact, suggesting
>> that users migrate to Linux for spite would be damaging to its image.
>
> It's not spite.  It's annoyance.  Windows can be extremely annoying.

Not only to their users, but virtually to any connected machine, or one which
receives E-mail occasionally. But that's a separate topic altogether.

>> Neglecting security aspects, I will not deny the fact that Windows has a
>> place in some people's home or office (not mine), but it lacks too much
>> functionality. To get more functionality, one must pay. Even then, issues
>> like stability and inability to extend (among several more) stand in one's
>> way.
>
> Have you upgraded your Window Workaround® yet?

I have, but it was soon compromised, prompting all users that OneKer® was
needed. Then it got hijacked and spread many V1agr4 promotional offers.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    It is no longer uncommon to be uncommon
  1:45pm  up   2:05,  7 users,  load average: 0.68, 0.45, 0.28