Re: CSPP Stats: 01/30/2006-14/02/2006

__/ [AaronJ] on Wednesday 15 February 2006 17:16 \__

>>Toplist of original content per message (of people who have written at
>>least three messages)
>>
>>Place Name                                        Orig. / Msgs = PrMsg
>>Quoted
>>   1. AaronJ <noemail@xxxxxxxxxxx>                13422 /    7 =  1917
>>   19.5%
>
> This is a good example of misleading and inaccurate statistics. I don't
> have the most original content as this statistic states. I simply edit out
> more of the quoted parts that I'm not commenting on (like in this post).
> And that apparently makes the application that compiles these statistics
> think my posts have more
> original content. But what the heck, I'll accept the Gold Metal anyway...
> ;)

I guess it all depends on how "original" is judged. The verbal description of
something so mechanised can be deceiving. I bothered the change the default
which said "Blacklist of posters" to "Toplist of posters", which avoids
offending participants, as opposed to awarding some with flattery.