Re: DMCA axes sites discussing Mac OS for PCs

  • Subject: Re: DMCA axes sites discussing Mac OS for PCs
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 14:31:13 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [George Ellison] on Saturday 18 February 2006 13:01 \__

> B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9590_22-6040983.html?tag=nl.e589
>>
>> "Apple Computer appears to have invoked the Digital Millenium Copyright
>> Act to stop the dissemination of methods allowing Mac OS X to run on chips
>> from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices"
>
> Honestly, did anyone not see this coming?

It's been going on for months, but Apple have simply remained quiet. I guess
that with all the bittorrents and extensive documentations out there, it
could soon become an epidemic. It could cost Apple plenty of money. Even
long-time Macheads would rather purchase an O/S-free box from the shop
(around 150 GBP for a 2.2GHz Intel) and avoid the Apple hardware tax, as
well as the need for an OSX licence.