Re: Google Backlink Update

  • Subject: Re: Google Backlink Update
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 03:53:34 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Borek ] on Tuesday 21 February 2006 21:56 \__

> On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:14:13 +0100, James Helliwell <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>>> Google has started is backlink update.
>>>  See yours by typing in goolge search box.
>>>  link:youdomain.com
>
>> Bill a simple thing, Google shows the internal pages of my site as links
>> and mixes them in with my BL?
>>
>> Can you filter this or do they count?
>
> link:example.com -site:example.com
>
> SHOULD work. Sometimes it does.

I thought the BL update started when PageRank was updated (still ongoing). It
is usually (if not always) the case, judging by Tabke's updates history
table. This began several days ago and can be seen rather clearly if you
look at different datacentres and get an idea for the before/after.

I am not sure it's a meaningful number to track. It only accounts for a
single address, which excludes deep(er) links. It's like a sample of a
sample -- a sample of assorted links to a sample (1 instance) of pages.