Re: Question about Kmail filters

__/ [ Filippo ] on Tuesday 21 February 2006 14:34 \__

> I have a POP3 e-mail account. Kmail is set up so that it leaves on the
> server a copy of the downloaded mail.
>
> I would like to set up a filter that:
>
> 1. put the mails sent to a mailing list in a certain kmail folder
> 2. after I downloaded those mails, erase them from the server
>
> Point 1 is easy to do, but what about point 2?

If you wish to pop messages sent by /you/ off the stack while leaving all
others on the server, I am not sure you can trivially achieve that. Mail is
being delivered and stored serially, so I suspect no setting in KMail will
enable you to do this. See Aho's solution, which is more complex and relies
on understanding of lower-granularity tools.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Signature pending approval"
  5:40pm  up 4 days  5:59,  8 users,  load average: 0.58, 0.35, 0.30