Re: More Linux 3D Games

  • Subject: Re: More Linux 3D Games
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 03:05:03 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [DFS] on Tuesday 21 February 2006 02:49 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [DFS] on Monday 20 February 2006 05:41 \__

>>> Yes, it's a great game.  But it's based on the Quake 3 engine, and
>>> you don't have to play it online or multiplayer (Windows version
>>> anyway)
>>

>> Yes, you do. It only makes it /more/ addictive.
>
> Are you trying to irk me?  You don't have to play Wolfenstein online or
> multiplayer.  It has an entire single-player campaign.

Not the last time I played it (on Windows even). Unless you start a lonesome
campaign or obtain additional maps, all it comes with are the 4-6 basic
maps. I am not talking about a paid product here.

Speaking of which, what would be the point playing with 'drones'? Would you
distribute ammo among your peers only to receive fake, computer-genearated
gestures? Well, I guess they are computerised either way, but at least when
you play with actual people, there is some true group work and emotion comes
into play.

Maybe we should set up a game between you guys (on Windows) and some of us of
Linux. We will of course play the Allies. [humourous /]

Best wishes (don't take that last remark seriously),

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "The speed of time is one second per second"
  2:55am  up 3 days 15:14,  7 users,  load average: 0.69, 0.99, 0.83