Re: Dumping google

  • Subject: Re: Dumping google
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 05:23:35 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
__/ [ Toby Inkster ] on Wednesday 22 February 2006 23:06 \__

> bish wrote:
>
>> Anyone care to join me in *not* using google since their kowtowing
>> to the Chinese censorship imposition?

Can I at least use Scroogle? I never have and, quite frankly, I don't think I
ever will.

> Well, all the other big search engines filter results for the Chinese
> government too.
>
> You'll have trouble finding a decent search engine that doesn't, so might
> as well stick with the Goog.

That's the key point. Yahoo and MSN have gone dishonourable things is China
as well. Google are in fact better in my eyes as far as US politics are
concerned. Unlike AOL, Yahoo and MSN, they continue to snub the JoS and
refuse to hand over logs.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Coffee makes mw to0 jittery
  5:20am  up 5 days 17:39,  8 users,  load average: 1.11, 0.71, 0.63