Re: [Article] Google rapped over adult photos

__/ [ Paul B ] on Thursday 23 February 2006 15:23 \__

> From : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4742382.stm
>
> Google could be forced to change its image search service following a
> court ruling in the US. A federal judge found that the search giant
> violated copyright by displaying small, thumbnail versions of images
> from the adult magazine Perfect 10.
>
> Google had argued that the thumbnails constituted fair use.
>
> [...]

Somehow I knew that Google's complimentary massages would never satisfy the
employees sufficiently.

A similar thread, which discusses the same story, has already begun in
alt.web.webmaster. That the only reason why I chose to bother with a
sarcastic comment. *smile*

Google have become a primary target for 2 things:

* Lawsuits (implicit extortion)

* Rumours (e.g. Goobuntu goes public, Google PC, Google buys Napster, Google
buys (G)Opera)

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> wget -r -erobots=off http://www.*
  5:10pm  up 6 days  5:29,  8 users,  load average: 0.57, 0.77, 0.49