Re: Looking for a web designer

  • Subject: Re: Looking for a web designer
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:25:02 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.design.graphics
__/ [ woods ] on Thursday 23 February 2006 22:28 \__

> In article <1140722871.135284.118680@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  "webdesigning101@xxxxxxxxx" <webdesigning101@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a part time employee to design layouts for web sites;
>> preferably a talented graphics or web design student looking for
>> additional income.
>>
>> Must have experience with Dreamweaver 8 or MX 2004, and preferably
>> Adobe ImageStyler, although I realize that program was discontinued a
>> few years ago and I may be clutching at straws.  A sound knowledge of
>> Macromedia Firworks would be adequate.
>>
>> NO Flash needed - NO complicated programming (Java, Asp, CGI, etc.)
>> required.  Just need someone with a good eye for graphics to create
>> appealing, professional page layouts.
>>
>> Steady work for the right applicant.  Examples of previous work will be
>> required.
>>
>> Please contact me PRIVATELY at:  webdesigning101@xxxxxxxxx
>>
>> Thank you.

Why not put an advert where it belongs? This is a discussion group and I
subscribed to it because I expect it to encourage on-topic discussions.
Request to post off-group is somewhat inappropriate. UseNet should not be
used for advertisement either. [this isn't intended to sounds as harsh as it
seems from just the text]

That aside, what is wrong with tools other than that commercial bloatware
that you recommend? Their output is the same. Does one truly believe that
GIMP, Inkspace and NVU (among many others) are less paragmatic just because
they are free?

> I'm starting to believe that this ng is infected with some sort of
> "cheap ass, dodgy gmail client" virus.
>
> How else can one explain these repeated posts.

GMail did not help to credibility. I concur with some of the others.

With kind regards,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Stand for nothing and you will fall for anything"
 10:20am  up 6 days 22:39,  8 users,  load average: 0.30, 0.41, 0.53