Re: Reasons to Switch to Linux

__/ [ Liam Slider ] on Saturday 25 February 2006 02:46 \__

> On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 02:21:00 +0000, Tim Smith wrote:
>
>> In article <dtnfmk$20j2$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/
>>>

>> He says stick with Windows if you need CMYK for print, or are a gamer.
>> According to many advocates in this group, that makes him a wintroll.
>
> Interestingly, his sections on Gaming and book publishing *are* the two
> that I disagree with the most. Especially as professional books and
> newspapers have been published using software that runs on Linux, and that
> since gaming isn't nearly as bad off in the Linux world as he suggests.

That chap seems to be rather new to Linux. He only raves about Ubuntu (I am
not suggesting Ubuntu is a poor example; I use it myself).

Linux is /the/ platform for book publishing. Linux is darn fine for games if
you needn't have /any/ game that you find on the shelves.