Re: Browser wars 3: IE7 beta no match for Firefox

  • Subject: Re: Browser wars 3: IE7 beta no match for Firefox
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 04:25:10 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Freeride ] on Saturday 25 February 2006 03:35 \__

> On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:14:43 -0800, nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> "For quite a while now my main browser has been the open source Mozilla
>> Firefox browser. But in the interests of fairness, when the public IE7
>> beta came out I quickly downloaded it and started trying to use it as
>> my primary browser. I was anxious to see if the newly threatened
>> Microsoft could turn out something better than the fox. And the answer
>> is... No, at least not yet..."
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/Burnette/?p=15
>

> Integrating IE deep into Windows is just flat out stupid and has been the
> major security issue with Window.  And makes troubleshoot serious IE
> issues a fricken nightmare also. Firefox on the other hand can easily be
> uninstalled and reload in a matter of minutes.

...and the profile is fully restorable too. 2 days ago, I was surprised to
have seen all my cookies, passwords and plug-ins recovered, 6 months after
my colleague had wiped Firefox off his Windows PC. I used to be using that
PC in a stale environment without Linux in sight. Firefox installation takes
about 2 minutes in Windows and less than a minute in Linux.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  4:20am  up 7 days 16:39,  9 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.26, 0.34