Re: Political ads in AdSense (Joomlaspan Google AdSense 2.0 )

  • Subject: Re: Political ads in AdSense (Joomlaspan Google AdSense 2.0 )
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:29:11 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
__/ [ mdoolio@xxxxxxxxx ] on Monday 27 February 2006 20:15 \__

> I'm running a website for  shareware POS software, and I've included an
> RSS feed with world news.
> But what happens is that due to the news item (that's what I can come
> up with?) about Iran, Pakistan, etc I'm only getting these weird ads in
> google adsense like for instance at this moment:
>

> Military Journal Under $7
> 101 Homeland Security Guarantees Army. Navy. Air Force. Marines.
> www.NOPAGERANK101guarantees.com
>

> Terrorism - U.S. Hatred?
> Prophetic Warfare Against America God's Endtime Purpose & Why?
> www.NOPAGERANKartisanpublishers.com
>

> Great Novel on Terrorism
> Sailing Adventure Biological Attack A Must Read This Summer
> www.NOPAGERANKintothewindsoffear.com
>

> Pro-Troops/Con-this war?
> Finally, a song and site for you! Join Our Virtual Candlelight Vigil
> www.NOPAGERANKournoblecause.com
>

> Political Forums
> Have your say on the issues today in world of politics.
> www.NOPAGERANKpolitic.co.uk
>

> Is there anything I can do about it because it's driving me nuts..
> I'm using joomla in combination with:
> Joomlaspan Google AdSense 2.0
>
> Thanks in advance!!
>
> Mike

Take all the domains above and lead them to excluded domain (see below).
Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to prevent ads from being excluded
based on theme or keywords. You can tackle your competition and avoid it
from penetrating your site though (in my case, Microsoft spreading FUD via
AdSense in Linux pages).

* Log in to AdSense

* "AdSense for Content" tab

* "Competitive Ad Filter" menu entry

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  8:20pm  up  16:31,  10 users,  load average: 0.49, 0.62, 0.67