Re: T3 'millenium' bug?

  • Subject: Re: T3 'millenium' bug?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 09:45:46 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.palmtops
__/ [Ben] on Monday 02 January 2006 05:55 \__

> "Ian Rawlings" <news05@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
>> On 2006-01-01, Ben <badlange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Since last night my Tungsten T3 keeps turning on automatically after a
>>> couple seconds when I turn it off. And sometimes it switches to 'system
>>> lockout'. Did anyone else experience this kind of behaviour?
>>
>> ISTR that this is a common bug that also happened last new year, try
>> googling a little in this group as I think the fix was posted back
>> then.  Also ISTR that the fix was on Palm's site somewhere too.
>
> ISTR = ?

I was going to say the same thing. In the beginning of last year, several
people reported similar problems and it somehow came down to one type of
alarm or another. If I recall correctly, somebody pointed to some bug in the
knowledgebase, which Palm released a patch for. I can't find this in the
newsgroups archive though.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Y |-(1^2)|^(1/2)+1 K
  9:40am  up 22 days 16:51,  14 users,  load average: 0.43, 0.66, 0.48