Re: Is this normal? (From place one to 23 in one day)

__/ [Photo4U] on Monday 02 January 2006 17:40 \__

> Hi,
> I have made an own webb site. During the last month it has climbed from
> no were to first place, if you search for the most common word on the
> page. But a few days ago it dropped from place one and two in Googles
> search engine, to place 23. when searched on the most common keyword,
> (It is still number on in msn search) The keyword is jarlaberg.
>
> I understand that a new page has a couple of months tuning in to the
> right place, but this feels very strange.  All tips and ideas on the
> subject are greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards Photo4U

Isn't there some form of 'grace period' when a site is first set up (indexed
or discovered rather)? Perhaps this would be the explanation for an high
initial position that simply could not hold. How old is that site? When was
it first indexed or found in the results pages?