Re: How to analyze access log?

  • Subject: Re: How to analyze access log?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 17:37:16 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
__/ [None] on Monday 09 January 2006 00:57 \__

> I can download my http access log from my host's server but it is just
> a massive txt file.  Is there something I load it into to get easy to
> read data from it?

I get these processed by Webaliser, Analog, AWStats and Visitors. All are
free tools. I tend to just view the product of AWStats on occasions.

Keep the raw product, however, which is the full logs, preferably compressed
(compressions ratio is excellent). Better analysis tools will come in the
future, so you can always go back and (twisting amaroK's slogan)
"Re-discover your Web site".

Roy S. Schestowitz      | HTML is for page layout, not for textual messages
  5:30pm  up 30 days  0:41,  14 users,  load average: 0.15, 0.47, 0.75