Re: Default OS should be Linux

On Monday 09 January 2006 17:10 Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> Interesting, do you not think, that more and more companies are finding
>> it viable/desirable/optimal to do as you describe?
>>
>> Bill
(snip)
> Regarding  your  latter point, companies are made of people and by  having
> people use Linux at home, Linux will sooner or later penetrate the majori-
> ty  of  businesses. This relationship is reciprocal. Give the lady at  the
> checkout  OpenOffice or a KDE terminal and she will demand Linux from  her
> husband.

I should have guessed that my question would be confusing as phrased.
Sorry - I'll try again:-

What I meant to ask was "Interesting, do you not think, that more and more
companies WHO ARE IN THE BUSINESS OF SELLING COMPUTERS (TO THE GENERAL
PUBLIC IN PARTICULAR) are finding it viable/desirable/optimal to do as you
describe?"

I can't imagine that they are doing it from religious fervour.  They must be
seeing this course as a viable (or optimal) business strategy.

Your points still stand, of course.

Bill