Re: Time to Wipe Your Windows Partition for Good

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:

> http://news.com.com/Microsofts+file+system+patent+upheld/2100-1012_3-6025447.html?tag=nefd.top
>
> Microsoft's file system patent upheld
>
> <quote>
>
> [...]
>
> The FAT file system, a common means of storing files, was originally
> developed for Windows but is also employed on removable flash memory cards
> used in digital cameras and other devices. Some Linux- and Unix-related
> products also use the system to exchange data with Windows.

How does that affect the atari ST? that used a FAT file system too, one
compatible with windows... does that one fall under the patent, or could we
just switch to it?
:)
|   spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   | "Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"   |
|Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)|                                                 |
|            in            | "I think so brain, but this time, you control   |
|     Computer Science     |  the Encounter suit, and I'll do the voice..."  |