Re: Taiwan To End Dependence on Microsoft Software

__/ [WhoTurnedOffTheLights] on Tuesday 17 January 2006 17:11 \__

http://www.networkmirror.com/WIvlnzSmk4AL8Dza/www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index%2Ecfm%3FNewsID%3D5162%26inkc%3D0%2Ehtml

>>> "Taiwan's parliament has voted to end its dependence on Microsoft
>>> software...
>>>
>>> ..Japan's Fair Trade Commission has also investigated Microsoft, and the
>>> Chinese government has expressed its support for wider adoption of Linux,
>>> both as an alternative to Windows and as a way to support the development
>>> of local software companies."
>>
>> OOPS. Wrong newsgroup, again. Many, many apologies. I'm filled with
>> humility...
>
> Interesting NG Roy. Finally I've taken a look.
> My how quick they were to respond to your post over there. Hours of fun
> reading just to catch up and understand.
> :-)

Glad you liked it. Be aware that the group is filled with freaks (or
phreaks), so you need to set your killfile (or reading habits) in accordance
with the annotated statistics (posted periodically). There are some real
mentors there...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Data lacking semantics is currency in an island
  5:35am  up 2 days  0:51,  15 users,  load average: 0.70, 0.78, 0.82